Friday 18 August 2017

More cosmic shimmer playing

Hi there! It's time for a new mid-month theme for our inspiration posts over at Stamping Sensations, and we are looking at 'something new I've tried recently'. 
I decided to go with Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders, which I have shown you a smattering of before. Just in case you didn't see my last post, the pixie powders are like brushos in that they are in powder form, but they are mostly just single colours and pearlised so they have an amazing sheen. They come in a fine tipped easily squeezable bottle like the ones stickles come in but bigger, and depending on how much you tilt it more or less comes out. You can give it a light tap or squeeze it. The colours are lovely and vibrant, but turn pastel shades with more water, rather than going muddy. They are also water soluble so can be mixed with water to make a paint. I've used them for the background, to splatter and as a paint on this next card, using Hobby Art Dandelion Wishes stamps. 
 
The paper that you use them on does affect how they react, and I did find watercolour paper or cartridge paper worked best. I used the pixie powders like brushos on the other cards.

I stamped various stamps from Woodware and Inkylicious in versafine black and clear embossed over it.

This last one does look a little muddy compared to the others, but I had swooshed it on the mat to soak up some excess first.
Thanks for looking and I do hope you have had the opportunity to enter at Stamping Sensations this month.

6 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful cards Sally. I really like the CAS layout of your cards as it shows your artwork off to perfection. I only have one Pixie powder so far which is the gold one and I love it. They do work very well with Brushos. Have a lovely weekend, crafty hugs, Sandra x

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful cards.

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful selection of cards Sally, I love Pixie powders too and they make fab backgrounds. I love your chosen stamps and your overall designs, Kate x

Michelle said...

Hi Sally, so good to see such wonderful backgrounds and great cards. Been a while since I've been round blog land and so many bloggers have fallen by the wayside. glad to see you're still here and still fantastically creative.
X Michelle

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What amazing results you have achieved with a little powder, such very beautiful cards.
Faith
x

Barb said...

What beautiful cards they are. I love your pixie powder backgrounds. Barbxx