Saturday 11 March 2017

At the end of the rainbow

I've been wanting to play with the Inkylicious birch trees 2 stamp set for some time, but had been struggling for time and mojo. Then this week I got shingles. I have been very lucky as it was a very mild dose and I got treatment very quickly. As shingles is contagious in the form of chicken pox to those who haven't had it yet (especially children), I was told I had to stay off work. I have rested, crafted, surfed the net and generally enjoyed myself whilst taking some huge tablets (5 a day, 4 hours apart)
Anyway, on to my card. I used distress inks in stormy sky, dusty concord, picked raspberry, fired brick, spiced marmalade, twisted citron, mermaid lagoon and chipped sapphire with my ink dusters for the background. The panel is mounted on black and silver paper and I added a few dots of white gel pen.
I am entering this into the current challenge at Penny Black and More where the theme is Anything goes and Cards in envy where the theme is 'keep it simple'
Hoping life gets back to normal this week. Oh yes, Before I go a big welcome to my new followers. Sorry if you have been here a while and I hadn't noticed - what a bad blogger! Hope to get over to visit you soon.
Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Sally, love the colours. Bad luck about the shingles but at least it is a mild dose and you have some tablets for it too. I remember my MIL having it some years ago quite badly and wasn't given anything for it either. Hope you'll soon feeling better.

Sue xx

Di said...

beautiful card Sally - such wonderful colours too!

I too had a mild dose of shingles last Autumn, and like you it was caught very quickly. Ha, I remember those tablets - mahoosive aren't they! But, they did the trick!

Hugs

Di xx

brenda said...

Oh no Sal, shingles is not nice at all, but I am glad you got medication early as I am told it does help.

Loving your vibrant rainbow, it's a real stunner, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More this month.

B x

Helen said...

hoping you recover quickly. Love this rainbow card (and the blog background - is that new or am I not very observant?!) take care.

Dora said...

Beautiful card and beautiful done with the background colours.
Get well. Nice to hear that the medicine does its work. Take care

Joan said...

Beautiful card Sally, love the colours of the background. I had shingles last year too and because I'm on Methotexate had to have big dose of antibiotics as well as the "horse" pills, cleared up pretty quickly so hope yours does the same.
Joan

Barb said...

I hope you'll soon be better Sally. I believe shingles can be very painful. Your card is lovely. I love the colours. Barbxx

cuilliesocks said...

A truly fabulous card Sally, love the rainbow colours shining through the trees, brilliant design.
Hope you are feeling better, that's some amount of tablets to take, take care, Kate x

Tina Z. said...

amazing card, I love the rainbow!

Sarn said...

What a lovely vibrant card.

Soz to hear about the shingles . . . Not nice at all. Hope you feel better soon.

Xxx

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Beautiful background colors! Love the striking effect of the trees! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

Linby said...

Sorry to hear you've had shingles - I know it is awful, hope you are on the mend now. This is a wonderful card, love the rainbow effect, how clever. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More. Lynn x DT